HELP 07 silverado fuel pump power issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxi426

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2018
In your very first post you mention that you didn't have power at the fuse. I f you don't have power there again, you need to find out why. GM trucks are known for corrosion in the fuse box.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
We got it flashed back in may. I got down there started checking power everywhere again. No power to the fuse or pump again so i took the fscm down unhooked it and hooked it back up. The truck fired right up. I didnt put a zip tie on the wires like the factory did. I think it jarred loose. I put the zip tie on this time. Long drive for a zip tie:blam: Thanks for the help everyone.

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Side question: around what year did they start this idiocy?

We've debated buying something newer as a beater work truck, but, for the life of me this whole things seems stupid. Not only do you have a main computer driving the fuel management, and an electronic fuel pump, but then they add these modules. To add insult to injury, you can't just buy it off the shelf for an inflated price and put it in, you ALSO need to individually program it to the truck for even more money besides.

Kinda makes me not even want to consider buying anything new enough to have this bs in it. Want something that just works, and if it doesn't for whatever reason, want to be able to fix it ourselves without paying to tow off site for the privilege of programming the new parts - something they should do before putting it in the box for sale.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I have to say that the DOD lifters are not robust like the old setups. Hopefully they come up with something better or a cheaper fix. I have to say that if I wanted a truck, then I'd be headed to the south coast to look for anything without VVT, DOD and DBW. They run forever and are cheap and easy to fix.

The fuel pump shenanigans that the OP is discussing would have me putting an aftermarket ECU in this thing with an inline 255 Walbro or 044 Bosch pump and rigging up a throttle cable/pedal setup.

Reactions: 2 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
I talked to a buddy. He said they can bypass the fscm. I dont know if this is true or how to do it. I dont think my 05 has an fscm. I think 07 is the first year. It regulates voltage to the fuel pump for optimal fuel pressure and efficiency. I guess

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Somewhere around 2006-7, GM decided that electric motors don't have to run at full speed all the time and incorporated Pulse Width Modulation modules ( :unsure: ) on things like cooling fans and fuel pumps. Corvettes of that vintage notoriously cook the connector to the cooling fan module, which can also cook the module from lack of current on both the power and ground sides. Then, you have the genius move seen here of mounting an electric module in the highly corrosive, under truck environment. I hate to sound like an old fuddy-duddy, but sometimes things work fine right up to the point of over-engineering.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor