1/4 to 3/16 brake line adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdunson79

Apprentice
Nov 12, 2018
I have a factory master cylinder which I believe the front brake line out is 9/16 -18 1/4 inverted flare? I need to adapt that to 3/16 inch line 3/8-24 inverted flare so it will connect to my aftermarket prop valve. Having trouble finding the part I need. Any suggestions? I could use an adapter on the master if they make that particular one or I could run 1/4 inch line from the master to the prop valve and adapt that 1/4 line down to 3/16 there. Suggestions? thx

cdunson79

Apprentice
Nov 12, 2018
maybe just answered my own question.... looks like Edelman 258403 or 258430 may do the trick. Gunna pick them up and see. gotta love the BS that is mixing and matching fittings.

Reactions: 1 user

cdunson79

Apprentice
Nov 12, 2018
Well that wasn't it. One of them was the wrong size all together and the other was the same as the first one I tried where the seat is for 3/16 line, not 1/4. Any idears out there? By the seat I mean the part in the adapter fitting that would mate against the flare inside the master.

Techman

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2017
Most NAPA auto parts have bins of weatherhead fittings. They should be able to match it up. Especially smaller locally owned stores. They should grab a master off the shelf the find the fitting for a 3/16 line to fit. I worked at one for 10 years and that’s what I would do.

cdunson79

Apprentice
Nov 12, 2018
Napa know how, Napa know how. Going with 1/4 inch line at the master and adapting it down to 3/16 at the prop valve with the correct fitting. Yay - knock that one off the check list. They had what I needed.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor