HELP 1/4 window trim panel weatherstripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I just painted the interior plastic trim panel that goes around the opera window in my GP. It had a weatherstrip on the inside that went around the perimeter of the window. It was in bad shape so I removed it. Now I'm trying to find a replacement. Has anyone replaced theirs? What did you use? The weatherstrip I'm referring to is visible in this pic....
20180302_074820-2016x1512.jpg

Thanks guys!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I didn't get any bites on this one. I've come to the conclusion the purpose of the weatherstrip is to prevent rattles. I measured a section of the original weather stripping and it is 1/2"x1/2". I think I'm just going to go with this foam tape....
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frost-K...Rubber-Foam-Weatherstrip-Tape-R734H/100047977

I think it will fit fine and will compress easily to let the panel 'lay down' in place. I'll post back with what I think of it. Steele Rubber products offers a universal stick-on weatherstrip that I also think would work but its about 7-8 times the price.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor