1/64 Caballero twin

CaballeroCanuck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2021
I've owned my '78 GMC Caballero Laredo since new. In that time, I've only seen one other one in the same color, and that was over 40 years ago. Imagine my surprise when I found my Caballero as a 1/64th scale diecast model. It's a '78, it's a Caballero, it's a Laredo, and it has a cap painted to match. Naturally, I had to have one.

Attachments

• 1978 gmc diecast.jpeg
    1978 gmc diecast.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
  • 1978 GMC Caballero 40 years later 001.JPG
    1978 GMC Caballero 40 years later 001.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 69
Reactions: 12 users

quietone

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 15, 2023
I have a 78 Caballero the same color. A friend bought it new, and I bought it from her in 1982. Been driving it ever since. Best vehicle I ever owned.

Reactions: 1 user

quietone

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 15, 2023
Could you post a picture of it ?
Short story. My daughter wrecked it 6 years ago. Hit a Ford pickup straight on with the left headlight. The transmission was already bad, so it just sat. Recently, I started repairing it. Sitting that long with alcohol fuel made a real mess. Carb problems, fuel tank and sender problems, fuel pump problems, etc. I found a Turbo 475 trans on ebay and converted to that. Still dealing with fuel system issues. I will see if I have pictures. Vehicle has 350 engine (145 hp), p/s, p/db, fm stereo, power ant., full gauges, power windows, safety sentinel system, 2.41 rear. 415,000 mi. Heads never off.

quietone

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 15, 2023
Short story. My daughter wrecked it 6 years ago. Hit a Ford pickup straight on with the left headlight. The transmission was already bad, so it just sat. Recently, I started repairing it. Sitting that long with alcohol fuel made a real mess. Carb problems, fuel tank and sender problems, fuel pump problems, etc. I found a Turbo 475 trans on ebay and converted to that. Still dealing with fuel system issues. I will see if I have pictures. Vehicle has 350 engine (145 hp), p/s, p/db, fm stereo, power ant., full gauges, power windows, safety sentinel system, 2.41 rear. 415,000 mi. Heads never off.

Attachments

• IMG_0001 (13).JPG
    IMG_0001 (13).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 44

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor