1 hose Gas pumps…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
I don’t know about you guys but every time I fill up my Monte Carlo at a gas station with 1 hose and not 3 per grade I feel I am getting ripped off. And I had a look in side one with the cover off and all I see is 1 spin on filter before you fill it is like there ripping me off 3/4 of a gallon of gas every time!
ok i am done rantine :roll:

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
mkube396 said:
I don’t know about you guys but every time I fill up my Monte Carlo at a gas station with 1 hose and not 3 per grade I feel I am getting ripped off. And I had a look in side one with the cover off and all I see is 1 spin on filter before you fill it is like there ripping me off 3/4 of a gallon of gas every time!
ok i am done rantine :roll:
all pumps are tested periodically for proper measurements (but they dont test quality, never understood why). Its the law that these pumps must be within an ounce +/- of a gallon...or the station can be fined 10,000.00!!! So, dont worry, your getting all that you pay for....even if its half water.... :rofl:

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
well what i mean is i have to fill up with 91~93 some so how much am i getting fromt he last guy that put 87.... :roll:

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
most if not all states mandate octane testing every year--i know NY does.
really there are only 2 grades--min and max. the mid grades are a proportional mix of max and min.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Where in the world do you go that still has a pump handle for each individual grade of gas??? I haven't seen those in a long, long time.
I also doubt that anyone has an engine that is so finely tuned that a little dribble of 87 octane in the line from the previous customer is going to throw everything off.
If you are concerned about it you can always start ordering your fuel in 55 gallon drums from VP Racing, Rocket Fuel, etc. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor