MONTE CARLO 1 owner 87 SS T-top MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vortectim

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 16, 2018
Hey guys, I'm the proud owner of an 87 SS Monte carlo T-top car. It was bought new from my dad as anniversary gift for my mom. They bought it when I was 2 so I was pretty much raised in that car. I've always been a Chevy guy so my mom knew that she could pass it down to me some day. She gave me the keys a few months ago and said she was done driving it because people stalked her and followed her wherever she went trying to buy the car off her. She only drove it a few times a year because she has a daily Cadillac now. My dad is Sr., I am Jr., and the paper work was signed without a suffix so as long as I'm alive this car will remain a one owner car. I have since rebuilt the entire suspension, hvac, and installed new weather stripping. I'm repairing things as I see need or that comes to my attention. The interior is pretty much flawless because she weighed 115 lbs soaking wet. The car currently has 128k miles on it because we drive it everywhere in the 90s. It has never been wrecked but it does have a new create motor in it because she locked up the original 305 h.o. twice! Like i said she rarely drove it and when she did she never drove it over 55 mph. I do take it out to shows with a few of my gbody friends. The one in the picture next to mine is an 86 T-type Regal

Attachments

• 20180728_140918.jpg
    20180728_140918.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 163
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
That's a nice Monte and you are lucky that it has been in your family the whole time so you know the history of the car, very few of us get that opportunity.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Tim,
Welcome aboard!
Thank you for sharing the back story about your Monte Carlo. ..and posting a pic of it. It's nice to hear that it's been in your family since new. It doesn't get any better than that. I like stories about cars that have family history. It looks like a nice car. You're a lucky guy.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Vortectim

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 16, 2018
Welcome aboard! The Monte looks great! Cool that it's been in the family since new.
Thank you! Yes my mom would have gotten a new car every so often, but even as a child I loved the car and didn't want it to leave. So she kept it since my friends and I thought it was cool.

Reactions: 1 user

Vortectim

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 16, 2018
Tim,
Welcome aboard!
Thank you for sharing the back story about your Monte Carlo. ..and posting a pic of it. It's nice to hear that it's been in your family since new. It doesn't get any better than that. I like stories about cars that have family history. It looks like a nice car. You're a lucky guy.
Thank you, and yes I feel that I am lucky. There are so many people out there that get cars passed down to them that are unwanted and sold off because they dont care about them, not many of us get the opportunity to have something they've always wanted to have just given to us. I feel the love!

Vortectim

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 16, 2018
That's a nice Monte and you are lucky that it has been in your family the whole time so you know the history of the car, very few of us get that opportunity.
Thank you for the kind words, hey if that's your car as your icon picture, that's my idol MC! I love the cowl hood and correct stance! Never change it!

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Welcome - great story about your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor