10.1 double din Joying Android Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Has anyone had any experience with how well this will run in our cars? Have been wanting to go this route for a while since my entire panel is deleted it would be nice to take up the space with this. Have a feeling it will be quite a task but wanted to see if anyone actually knew.
2013 VW Jetta-2.jpg

sportriderOK

Greasemonkey
Mar 3, 2016
Mannford, OK
Never seen that before, but it looks interesting. I have an Android radio in my HHR. It's a Chinese brand and has been as glitchy as you'd expect, but when it works properly it's very nice to have. Who is the source of that one?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Never seen that before, but it looks interesting. I have an Android radio in my HHR. It's a Chinese brand and has been as glitchy as you'd expect, but when it works properly it's very nice to have. Who is the source of that one?
That one is by Joying, the other big company in that is Pumpkin. Is that the one you have?

sportriderOK

Greasemonkey
Mar 3, 2016
Mannford, OK
This is the style I have, but an earlier version.(Andriod 4.4)

Attachments

• s-l64.jpg
    s-l64.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 167
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
This is the style I have, but an earlier version.(Andriod 4.4)

Yeah pretty much the same except they ran this out to the bigger screen which would work well in my favor. How do you like it overall, seems like they got rid of many of the bugs as they go along but obviously isn't Pioneer or Alpine

sportriderOK

Greasemonkey
Mar 3, 2016
Mannford, OK
I like it a lot. Mine has several USB inputs, so I can have music on one and movies on another and not have to switch them around. Mine has IGO nav built in and it's better than the factory nav in my Camaro. The Bluetooth works well and the streaming music is seamless. I've only used the internet a couple of times, but it works like a PC. Lots of glare off the glossy screen, though. Overall I'm happy, but mine has had to be hard reset twice in about a year and a half, and everything has to be reloaded after.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I like it a lot. Mine has several USB inputs, so I can have music on one and movies on another and not have to switch them around. Mine has IGO nav built in and it's better than the factory nav in my Camaro. The Bluetooth works well and the streaming music is seamless. I've only used the internet a couple of times, but it works like a PC. Lots of glare off the glossy screen, though. Overall I'm happy, but mine has had to be hard reset twice in about a year and a half, and everything has to be reloaded after.
I don't think I'd be too happy after the hard reset of reloading everything, but its still something I'm thinking that I will do when I get to that part of the car

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Found a company called Phoenix who does Tesla style units, I originally wanted to mold a Tesla unit in before realizing that it ran everything in the car
20746307_312996015778484_5678931802796090372_o.png

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
how often do you sit in your parked car for a few hours to watch a movie on a small screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor