10.5 inch drag slicks rim size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmax Cody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2010
I bought a set of 28-10.5-15 et drag slicks from a guy. He ran them on his 80 regal drag car. Ill be running them on my 87 regal. He didn't know what size rim or back spacing to run. Any body got a clue? I need to order some rims soon. 9 0r 10 inch wheel width? and backspacing? Hope somebody can help me out. Thanks

racing8up

Greasemonkey
Feb 2, 2010
ive got a set that has a 3.5 back space and they fit great on my cutlass they are 15x 10

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I'm running a 27-10.5 on 8" wide rims. But that's really pushing it. You might be better off with a 10" rim
your taller sidewalls on the 28" tire might be okay for an 8" rim.
backspacing will be a big issue. Typically, with g-bodies you start to run into problems with anything wider than 9" slicks. I had to find 3.75" backspacing rims, and still had rubbing problems.

Dmax Cody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2010
Thanks for the info guys. I couldn't get 3.5 back spacing from jegs or summit. Summit had 10" wheels with a 3.8 inch backspacing. Mounted them up today and fit great. Still plenty of room on the inside frame rail for tire clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor