1000 HP LS2 AWD Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Once I realized how it was done I had ideas on doing a build with a elco and a stock 4.3 S10 engine/trans. I have too many project ideas however.

The TBSS wheel base is 113", G-body El Camino wheel base is 117". Adding 4" to the frame is pretty easy; but taking out 5" to fit a regular G-body isn't. The TBSS chassis is very robust - but you would most likely have to channel the body over the frame. The TBSS has front/rear track width of 62.8"/62" and the Elky has a front/rear track width of 58.5″/58.8″ - so it is pretty close. For the cost of a clean TBSS with a blown LS2, I'd venture into a project like this.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I do like the idea of using the TBSS style bolt on oil pan diff better than the S-10 diff/axle assy.

To get the engine to drop in well and clear the S10 front diff you have to chop the stock oil pan (a lot).

Using a 5.3 out of a rainier, TB, envoy ect would work awesome, you just need the s10 front suspension welded in and then figure out axles. Not sure front to rear where that axle ends up however.

I have mentioned it before but the underneath shot on this AWD cutlass shows a stock truck pan flush to the bottom of the crossmemeber/diff and the engine is moved up so the stock pan was used. This puts the engine like 2-3" higher than normal which explains why the stock car intake is so high in the engine bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor