12643hkr LS motor mount issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

okengineer

n00b
Apr 22, 2019
Has anyone had issues with the Hooker ls swap motor mounts? I just pulled the SBC out of this with the UMI mounts that worked great. I didnt expect the motor prothane mounts would have to change.

Attachments

• lsswap1.jpg
    lsswap1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 470
  • lsswap3.jpg
    lsswap3.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 553

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Your frame-side mounts look like they are set back on the engine cradle.

okengineer

n00b
Apr 22, 2019
I'm thinking I may have to move them back further but Holley's instructions aren't super clear. The overall placement looks the same because its flush with the front of the K member. But they also have an extra hole showing at the top where as I don't. Their picture must be from a different kind of g-body....who knows. I guess I will move them even though its about the worst job on the entire car.

Attachments

• lsswap4.PNG
    lsswap4.PNG
    482.9 KB · Views: 1,379
  • lsswap5.PNG
    lsswap5.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 512

Winkernod

Greasemonkey
Sep 13, 2018
London Ontario
I did the LS swap on a 80 Grand Prix Here is a pic of my mounts located properly I had to change mine as they were BOP I did have to drill the forward top holes as this seemed to be a 78-79 subframe. I also did pull the engine and mounts back off to elongate the hole forward to give a little more room for the HVAC.
IMG_1602.jpg

okengineer

n00b
Apr 22, 2019
I did the LS swap on a 80 Grand Prix Here is a pic of my mounts located properly I had to change mine as they were BOP I did have to drill the forward top holes as this seemed to be a 78-79 subframe. I also did pull the engine and mounts back off to elongate the hole forward to give a little more room for the HVAC. View attachment 112513
Thank you so much. I really wanted to be sure before i had to move them. Looks like i know what im doing tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor