13 mile GNX up for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I saw that car at Buicks at Bristol in 2001. When I saw the thread title I figured it was the car.

I wonder what the reserve is?

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Wow, what a beautiful car! The seller did a really good job with his ad and description. It will be interesting to see what final sell price is.
A few observations from my point of view...1) I didn't realize that the factory exhaust hangs so low! The driver side especially...2) Who is Bobby Labonte? ;). I would prefer a GNX without those gay stickers on it. I'm not sure it brings much value.

StreetStock#72

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2017
Pretty pricy for a six-banger...lol:cool:

Yeah, I wish. Maybe Bobby and Terry could pool some cash and go in on it :p

BTW: Saw one at the local dealer when they came out, wore my drool cup in to the showroom and felt worse for a long time when I realized how far out of my league it was.

If I remember it was like $24,8oo (?)

Goes like this for me...

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
A few observations from my point of view...1) I didn't realize that the factory exhaust hangs so low! The driver side especially

That is such an easy fix... unclamp the muffler, push the pipe up, re-clamp the muffler, but 30 years of backing it on and off a trailer has made all of the Owner's mechanical abilities atrophy to the level of "trophy wife".

When I took my '86 GN to a Muffler shop in Omaha, they said "you are luck, we just had a GNX owner come in wanting The factory pipes duplicated in 3" and he left the factory piece".

I told them "just copy that".

My GNX copy didn't hang down like that at all.

Mikej89

Apprentice
Apr 1, 2014
Ever notice the main characters that drive Grand Nationals in movies/shows are hit men for drug dealers? :D

Wasn't that car listed by The Toy Barn in Columbus a few months ago? No wonder it only has 13 miles on it!

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
There's a story of 2 brothers in Jersey that bought them new one brother made his a race car the other put his on Jack stands in a garage and never drove it well lol it's true I've seen there entire collection one is now wight and a drag car with a twin turbo SBC the other is collecting dust still on stands in the dark corner of the garage with 5 miles on it and never had a new car prep the dealer remove plastic is still on the gut both brothers are hard core Mopar with long dollar cars I wish I could tell you more but they trusted me and I don't want to be that guy for that reason sorry no pics maybe if I end up painting his race hemi satellite like he wants me to I'll ask if I can take a picture but I don't want to press my luck this is Jersey and some things are better left alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor