15" x 6" or 7" Rally II's on a G-body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I put 14x7 rally wheels with 235/60's on the Caballero. The rear are very close, but not rubbing, about 1/4-5/16" away. The front did rub on the lower control arm, but a 1/8" spacer solved that problem. Again, those are 14" not 15", not sure how 15's might fit.

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
I picked up a set of 14x7 pontiac rallies to install on my bonnie, Ill test fit a rim and see if anything hits.

Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I picked up a set of 14x7 pontiac rallies to install on my bonnie, Ill test fit a rim and see if anything hits.
I put 14x7 rally wheels with 235/60s on my Caballero a little over a year ago. The rear tire had less than one finger clearance to the frame, and the front rim (same size tires/rims) scraped on the left control arm when turning. A pair of 1/8" spacers solved the problem in front.
About two months ago now, I found a set of four 1-1/4" spacers while at the wrecking yard. I am very happy with the bigger spacers.

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
Yeah , I just have bare rims, but looking at the offset Numbers most of the extra inch goes to the inside, mine just barely did clear the outer tierod end at the spindle, didnt even think to try the rears . Figured i would just get tires and then put up some 1 inch adapters to space em out . or I can....nahhh not even going to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor