15 year search, finally over. The wheels of my dreams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSMonteMan

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2015
Looks great - nice find! Reminds me of the hurricane style wheel on the A-Team van. Love it.
They actually are of the same manufacturer, just the Chevy car "pattern," they're unilugs, so they'll fit 4.5 and 4.75 bolt patterns. Now I need to find a set of those wheels for my truck.

My dad has a set of 15x10s that he refuses to sell me... said I'll get them "eventually." But I would rather not think about it that way...

I love the design, it just feels beefy, and the center caps just polish it off perfectly. The spinners/knock-offs, however you want to call them, have always appealed to me for some reason.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
We didn't make it to the grass area, my uncle was on a scooter and didn't think it would handle the off roading. We were there till about 6pm, some vendors were packing up by that time, not many though. I'm excited for the next one, they actually had a bit of G Body stuff this time around, an order of magnitude more than previous meets, which usually had next to nothing. The swap meet in Decatur tends to have a bit better G body selection, which is still abysmal at best, but I did get to see my first Aerocoupe and 2+2 in person at the Decatur meet a couple years ago.
Decatur, Tx or Illinois? haven't heard of that swap meet

SSMonteMan

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2015
Decatur, Tx or Illinois? haven't heard of that swap meet
Decatur, TX. First major meet of the year. Usually last week of February every year, Friday to Sunday. My dad and I always go to this one on Friday. After missing a rolling chassis 68 c10 short wide, for $1800, by a few hours... we get there early. They used to run one in fall, too, but I think they stopped due to the covid thing.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Not my cup of tea on Monte, but that don't matter very happy you finally got what you want on it

Reactions: 1 user

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
Oh man. I had stacks of those wheels back in the day. I love Pate. If you can't find it there, you aren't looking

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor