15x10 tire and rim fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
To fit a 15x10 you will absolutely need adjustable upper control arms to center the rear housing in the frame.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
Has anyone put a 255 tire on a 15 x 10i rim with pictures? I'm wondering if it looks stretched. also if anyone running a 10inch wide rim without a frame notch i think a 5in backspace would work. i just mocked up a 15x10 rim with a 5 1/2 back spacing with no tire on it and it was 1/4 off the chassis i was completed surprised. this is on a 83 cutlass with no mods done.
I must have a bigger back space 'cause I have about a 1" between the rim and chassis, but only a 1/2" with the tire. My next project is to notch the the rear, as I want to be able to set the the car down over the tire..... John, Winter Haven, FL

Reactions: 1 user

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
FYI - a 1/4" of room is plenty as long as your upper a-arm bushings aren't worn out or you don't plan on filling the back seat with 3 fat people.

edit - 1/4" of room from the tire, not the rim.
We're not happy until you're not happy...........and they call me Happy ......... I love that saying !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
255/60/15? Street tire or drag tire? If you only have 1/4" clearance with the wheel to the frame that ain't going to be enough with the rear end moving unless you stretch it to keep the tire from balooning the sidewall. Drag tires will fill out better in that size versus a regular street tire.

Sorry for a link to a Mustang forum but.......
https://www.corral.net/threads/stretching-255-60-15-on-15x10.1632490/

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor