15x8 Backspacing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LewisL230

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2007
Nashville, TN
I really like the look of the jegs wheels so I think I’m going to get a 15x7 with 4” bp.
As for the engine. I have an aluminum block 5.3 that I had planned to drop in, but the ls swap price tag keeps growing so I may see if I can find a vortec 5.7 long block to build.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
With an Auto, a 7.5" with upgraded axles will be fine deep into the 8's. With sticky tires anda manual, a stock 7.5" axle could snap in the low 9's... the 90's were fun times at the 1/8th mile.

With a 7" rim, I would try to keep the BS around 3.75" max. GN wheels have 3.9" BS and some guys could not run 275's without frame rub, where T-type wheels are 3.75" BS and everybody ran 275's on those with no frame rub.

The .2" BS difference + the Aluminum T-type wheels have thicker walls than the Steel GN wheels, were the reasons tires rubbed the frame with GN wheels and don't with T-type wheels.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor