16"rims and tir

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
16"rims and tires

Hello, I have an "86 Buick Regal. My plan is to use 2" drop spindles up front and 1.5" lowering springs on the rear. I was thinking of going with ba 16" rim on all 4 corners. Has anyone run this size? and what is the max. tire sizes that I can run front and back?

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I have a set of Suspension Techniques springs in my '84 Monte that lowers the car approximately 1" front & rear. I'm running a set of 4 front 16" IROC rims with P236/60R16 tires front & rear with no major problems. I'm using a thin (approximately 1/8" thick) spacer from an F body on the rear wheels, and have no clearance issues on the rear, and the front tires rub a bit on the front sway bar and at the back of the wheelwell when the steering is at full lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor