17k-Mile 1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe on BaT

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The paint build up around the SPID sticker gives me pause. Wonder what happened there? POOR tape lines on that.

Pretty decent, but I'd rather have a notch-back. If I could get an aerocoupe cheap, I might. But rather have them the way the General handed them out.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The paint build up around the SPID sticker gives me pause. Wonder what happened there? POOR tape lines on that.

Pretty decent, but I'd rather have a notch-back. If I could get an aerocoupe cheap, I might. But rather have them the way the General handed them out.
Look at the drivers seat edge, looks like some wear from getting in& out of the car.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Repaint. Wear in certain places... 117k miles.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i don't see the issue,it's a 34 year old car that's NOT rotted to death,doesn't need weatherstripping/door/body bushings/doesn't have dumb exhaust tips from the local exhaust shop and it isn't grossly over priced.it's "been painted" I've fixed cars with window stickers still on them.hell cars coming into port damaged-repaired they didn't make it to the dealer yet.it's not a big deal.I'd buy it and drive the wheels off it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Putting 17K miles in the title is just plain dishonest if any more than that at all. There are some things I don't like about BaT but I do look at it everyday. It's like an online car show. And you see real gems on there quite often.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It is exceptionally clean under the hood. The patina that a car like this takes on after 17K miles. While it's not totally out of the realm to repaint a car with 17K miles, it always makes you want to wonder how much of it was repainted. If the owner stored it under a carport uncovered for 20+ years, you'd see the rust that's up underneath it now and it wouldn't be uncommon. Recall the car is 34 years old.

The front seat wear does appear a bit abby normal. But the rest of the interior looks very nice. But if I was going to go strictly from seat wear, and based on the cleanliness of my 85 442 interior after 60k miles, I'd guesstimate at least 35-40K miles. But if the tires had been on it since new, and assuming they're original tires, they'd be on the tread tell-tale bars by now. It's odd that the wear is on the edge of the seat like that. Or that's how it appears to me anyway.

Regardless, at the current price, it would make a great driver IMO. If you love the aerocoupes. I'm not against them, but I wouldn't seek one out to buy unless it made monetary sense to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor