1948 Chevy Aerosedan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
OK, this isn't a G-body. And it happened about 1-2 years ago, but it's worth a try.

So here it is. It was a Canadian 1948 Chevy Aerosedan. It was not drivable, yet. I was planning on rat rodding it. It was factory black (but after 60 years most of the black had worn off lol). The main body only had one spot of rust, under the drivers side tail light. But that has already been cut out and just needed the new piece welded in (about a 2"x3" hole). There were typical dents and rust on the fenders and hood. All the chrome was there (except the center bumper gurd for the rear), but it was removed and was in boxes. The rear window was perfect, and there was a spare one on the back seat.

Th e rad was missing and it didn't have the proper rad support. I had just recently polished the front grill. The thing was perfect, almost new looking. Also the head light trim was missing too. The interior was all there (moused out of course, but all there), except the radio. Oh, and there was also an extra transmission tunnel with the car too (they were just screwed into place on these cars).

The previous owner had removed all the guts from the driver side door. everything including the glass was all in the trunk.

The front end was lowered and converted to 5 lugs. I bought the complete crossmember from a local car guy that had his original suspension lowered. But then he upgraded to an aftermarket one.

I pulled out the original drive train, but it could have gone with the car. And they most likely also got a rebuilt 6 from an auto '53 chev, a 2 bolt 350, an M22 Muncie ( numbers say its from a "67-68 'Vette), Hurst Super Street Shifter, a pontiac bellhousing & flywheel, MSD 6AL, '70s Camaro 12 bolt (recently rebuilt, but something wrong inside. would only go backwards), and a box of other small junk. Stuff like a couple steering wheel knobs, wolf whistle horn, new 8 ball shifter handle, an old OLD 8 ball I was planning on drilling to make a shifter handle out of, an alarm system (no instructions), and peep mirrors.

I had all this stuff stored in an old buddies shop. Then I guess he decided to move and never told me. I have not seen or heard from him since. So I have no clue what happened to the car. He could have kept it, or just had it towed away. But he's the type that's always looking for a quick buck. And he has a lot of connections with old car guys. So he most likely sold it to someone.

The last time it was seen the front clip was loosely bolted on. And the grill was mounted too. It had flames drawn on the old paint with a purple felt marker (I was just trying to get ideas on how the future paint job would look lol) And a set of 70's-"80s 15" Buick (I think) rally wheels. So this means that theres a good chance he put the Camaro rear I mentioned earlier into it.

This happened in Medicine Hat, Alberta (Canada). But like I said, he knows a lot of car guys. So if he sold it it could be almost anywhere.

So if any of you have heard of anything that sounds like this let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor