1954 Chevy 3100 Pickup LSX swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Holy photo dump, Batman! Came out nice. The '54s were always my favorite of that series.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
WOW !!!! Well done on both cars .

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Amazing amount of work compressed into such a short time. I'm glad you documented all the work that went onto putting that treasure back on the road. Nice work making the late model engine, transmission and front suspension work. I particularly like the modern gauges against the patina'd dash.

My retirement planning also includes a couple of physical investments.
DCP_1279 1.JPG DSCN3307.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Cutlass400hp1986

Greasemonkey
Jan 6, 2019
Oaks, Pennsylvania
Amazing amount of work compressed into such a short time. I'm glad you documented all the work that went onto putting that treasure back on the road. Nice work making the late model engine, transmission and front suspension work. I particularly like the modern gauges against the patina'd dash.

My retirement planning also includes a couple of physical investments.
View attachment 103256 View attachment 103257
Nice! What plans do you have for yours? Original or modified? I wanted one car that I didn’t obsess over the paint or have a heart attack when I get a chip or a ding in, os I built this truck. This is built to be driven. It’s nice to not have to check the radar on my phone before I take it out worried about getting it wet in the rain. I love this thing and it’s crazy the amount of attention it gets, even People who don’t even care about cars are all over it. It’s definitely a great truck and it rides like a brand new truck and handles and stops like a go cart. So fun to drive and even at 90mph it’s so smooth on the highway. It’s for sure a keeper

Cutlass400hp1986

Greasemonkey
Jan 6, 2019
Oaks, Pennsylvania
In triplicate....
Where did this go (Oldsmobile heater)?
I decided not to use it. I still have it, I have a few of the parts that I didn’t use all up for sale on Craig’slist. If the truck came from the factory without heat, and you wanted a heater when you bought it, the dealer installed Oldsmobile heaters in them for some reason instead of the the Chevy units
I ended up buying a Vintage air heater setup that’s similar to this.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Wow!! Thanks for sharing the pictorial of your incredible progress. Nice truck...and cool score.
'54 is a cool and unique year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor