BUICK 1964 Skylark Coupe Project

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I did not know that. A friend with a 1977 TA has 3:73 gears and hates them. He is determined to put an overdrive trans in. He keeps saying the TKO, but I know that requires a lot of added hardware. I'll have to investigate the TKX. Thanks for that info Joe!

TKX is also a service replacement for the TKO, it's certainly an evolution of it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Wowsers, what a transmission. Looks like there is a GM and Ford specific version. The bell housing bolt pattern looks correct for us. Ultra smooth and stronger too.
1707701941842.png
These are the available ratios for GM. https://www.tremec.com/menu.php?m=184

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Just an update on the sheet metal situation. There was just a thread on the Buick GS Facebook page about the lack of any aftermarket quarters for the 64-65 Skylarks. Apparently the Wolf Steel panels fit like absolute garbage. I'm not surprised being they are hand formed, but for what they cost, I know I'm definitely not going that route.

I still have one more lead to chase down before I subcontract these to Rktpwrd. We'll see what happens.

Reactions: 9 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor