Status
Not open for further replies.

MCMLXXXVII

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2016
Decatur, GA
I have a 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS and I just bought an Avital alarm system that I intend to install myself. I need to know what wires to splice or tap for the starter, horn, lights, door switches, electric locks, and electric trunk release. I've installed audio equipment numerous times in G-bodies, so I know how to work with wiring. I just need a diagram or pictures that show the colors and, if possible, specific locations of the wires to install a standard alarm system.

I want to install my sound system, but I won't do it until I get that alarm installed. Please ONLY REPLY IF YOU HAVE SPECIFIC INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THE WIRING SCHEMATICS OF 1978-1988 A/G-BODY VEHICLES!

If you're an expert on BS, keep your comment to yourself! I don't need any of you dummies telling me to "take it to a professional" or "it's too hard to do yourself"! Just because you're a dummy, doesn't mean everyone else is! Forums are always full of people that don't know what they're talking about! When you see my name, just skip my thread if you don't have any constructive incite on the topic.

Thanks!

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Good luck getting help after calling your audience dummies.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
How-to-win-friends-and-influence-people.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Let us know when you want to be a fellow dummy and us dummies will be happy to help you out

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, that was pretty harsh. You're already on the defensive without even getting a single reply.
Seven posts in a year...I see you contributed alot to this site. o_O

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Simple.

Just leave the alarm in the front seat with the keys after you post your address. Someone will be by shortly to help...

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

MCMLXXXVII

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2016
Decatur, GA
:wtf: Y'all stupid MFers only proved my point! I specifically asked dummies not to reply unless you have information specific to my question! If you're offended, then you must feel like the term "dummy" applies to you. To reply anyway is just redundant, because I'm not going to change what I said! :)

I REALLY dislike stupid people!

• Dislike

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Well, us MF'ers bid you a good day. Don't let the proverbial door hit you in the *ss. :rant:
Here's another place you can go and see if you're accepted. http://www.gbodycentral.com/

• Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
:wtf: Y'all stupid MFers only proved my point! I specifically asked dummies not to reply unless you have information specific to my question! If you're offended, then you must feel like the term "dummy" applies to you. To reply anyway is just redundant, because I'm not going to change what I said! :)

I REALLY dislike stupid people!

it's sad that you REALLY don't like yourself, why not get some counseling so you don't have to go though life hiding behind a computer cause if you talk to people like do in your posts some MFer will personally let you know that is not acceptable....a real man would have realized his mistake and apologized instead of using some sandbox adjectives.....

Last edited:
  • Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor