1978 AC control vacuum valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillaagsa

n00b
May 19, 2021
I have a 1978 El camino 5.0L. I am looking for the part# for the air condition system control vacuum valve. I believe it is #6 in the image below. Cannot find this anywhere online to purchase. Hoping if I had the part# I could find it on ebay or somewhere. Thanks! 1621450185224.png

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
9 port?

If so...dig deep, and hold on to your azz.

This is my post from the HVAC thread I made on Sept 20, 2020

heh heh... good luck.

That part has turned into near-unobtanium. Somewhat hard to find. But not impossible.

Are you sure it's the port switch? I mean, that's a helluva good starting place, but because it's not an easy part to find, and not cheap if you do find one, it's cheaper to run down every single friggin' hose connection and vacuum pod check...all the "free" stuff to do first. Now, if you hear a huge sucking sound from your HVAC control head area, you probably are doing well to start with that.

GM p/n 16037778, ACDelco p/n 15-71389 is the 9 port selector switch. Seen a couple on ebay for around $170 and $185 each. They weren't cheap even when available.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Thank you so much for the info! I was able to find a NOS one of ebay tonight.
You didn't pay 170 or more for it did you? Usually the center push pin clip wears or breaks allowing the disc to leak air. Some people have fixed them using small screw/nut. The key is to keep it sealed while allowing the port control to move.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor