1978 Buick Century 2dr. coupe

Trader history for JAMCAR223 (2)

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Anybody have any interest in this car? I need to thin the herd. I have too many cars, parts, and spares. I could use the space.

STORY : Arizona car I purchased about 3 years ago. I had big plans for it, and accumulated many parts. But during that time I acquired two more Aero cars, and started building one of those. At the time of purchase, the car was being used as a daily driver. 3.8 v6, 3 speed automatic, 7.5 open rear, P/S, P/B, A/C. It had a new F body radiator, alternator, distributor cap, rotor, and spark plug wires. The car was missing the headliner. I drove it onto the trailer, returned home, and parked it. I have only driven it once since then. I just kicked it off today with a battery from another car, and a cup of gas down the carb. I will offer the car two ways.

OPTION (#1)- The way you see it in the pictures. Gutted interior, stock original bench seat with brand new mexican blanket seat cover, stock original dash with 1 crack above the center A/C vent, original non tilt steering column, and Grant wooden steering wheel, and the trim you see in the trunk. All the glass is good (no cracks in the windshield), all doors close very nicely. Gaps for the hood, doors, and trunk look really good. I have a used grill in very good shape, but used the bunper for another car. I have a bumper I will include, but it would need to be rechromed. Very nice frame rails. Very nice rocker panels. Very nice door jambs. Very nice doors. Very nice core support. The car has 1984 Camaro wheels ( no center caps ) w/ 215/75/15 tires that are all holding air. I have a clear Arizona title, that I never bothered to transfer into my name. $2000 cash. I do not need a trade. I do not need any more cars, lol

OPTION (#2)- Car as described above, plus all the parts I have accumulated for the car. (2) Buick 455 engines, Stage 1 iron heads, SP1 aluminum intake, Turbo 400 transmission (stock), 8.8" Ford Explorer w/ 3.73 limited slip disc brake rear axle. Brand new Jeg's Race star black wheels w/ center caps 15x4 Chevy 5x4.75 pattern ( I have brand new 165/80/15 front tires ) & 15x8 Ford 5x5 pattern 5.5" backspace for use with a 275/60/15 rear tire ( I have no rear tires-I couldn't decide which ones I wanted at the time). Eibach lowering spring set ( front & rear ). Factory GM Blazer spindles, very good used hubs, all hardware, new Bendix rotors. 1996 Camaro bucket seats ( black & grey ) in very good condition ( no rips or tears ). Factory GM bucket seat tracks. Factory GM bucket seat floor mounts. 1987 GN dash shell ( grey ), Factory GM Grand National radio, Factory GM black lower door panels. Factory GM headliner from a 4 door sedan ( it will need to be sectioned a couple inches to fit correctly ). Factory GM F41 front jounce bars. Factory GM Grand Prix front frame brace. $4500 cash. The only thing I would consider trading for at this price range is a clean ATV ( 4 wheeler ) with no issues.

IMG_3072.JPG

The roof will need a little attention. It looks like somebody has stacked stuff on the roof at sometime in the past. It's not terrible, but will need a little work.
IMG_3074.JPG

IMG_3073.JPG

The quarter glass area is the area on these Aero cars where rust is common. The Driver side looks pretty good.
IMG_3075.JPG

The passenger side will need a small patch panel.
IMG_3076.JPG

The passenger floor will also need a patch at the least.
IMG_3078.JPG

Driver side needs very little work.
IMG_3087.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_3081.JPG

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3086.JPG

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
IMG_3084.JPG
IMG_3088.JPG

IMG_3089.JPG

IMG_3090.JPG

IMG_3092.JPG

IMG_3093.JPG

IMG_3094.JPG

IMG_3095.JPG

IMG_3097.JPG

IMG_3098.JPG

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
IMG_3096.JPG

IMG_3100.JPG

IMG_3104.JPG

IMG_3103.JPG

IMG_3108.JPG

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3115.JPG

The circles on the seats are something from the light bulbs or camera lens. There are no issues with the seats. I have kept these covered for over 4 years. I got these before I got the car. I need to get some pictures of the parts, and engine, transmission, rear axle. If you need to see more let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_3113.JPG
    IMG_3113.JPG
    1,021.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I have a Turbo hood, brand new inner & outer tie rods, new tie rod adjusters, new front control arms w/ bushings. I also have a F Body 36mm front sway bar, and a Blazer frame mounted rear sway bar ( pro touring style ) with the hardware. All goes with it.

Last edited:

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
James....I hope you don't mind, if anyone from the site buys the car I have access to a couple of Buicks and could look at pulling parts...with in reason of course.

20200222_135838.jpg

20200222_135059.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Don't mind at all Kevin. This car could use the tail lights, front bumper, and front turn signal lights.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor