1978 buick turbo engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladecatcher82

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2013
Could anyone tell me if they know about these carbureted 3.8l turbos being modded for some performance? (Keyword "some") I know its about 160 stock horsepower, but I also I know its just about the same as grand nationals, but not FI which makes me think there is a lot of room for improvement . I know cam upgrades and exhaust are big helps along with proper tuning, I also heard something about a chip. I just want a good daily driver with nice HP (maybe around 200-250) and halfway decent mph. I'm looking at this 78 turbo regal right now, a sport coupe, and the engine is in nice shape, he rest of the car is not,. It needs a lot, but I can probably get it for about 1500$. If I do so, I will put the engine in my car and part out the rest of it to hopefully make most of my money back. Would it be worth it? My current 307 is very reliable and I'm working on improving mph but can make it out at about 17 I hear.

Cooper12

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 25, 2013
check on the b4b thread on the turbo buick site.
I know the 78 heads are not as good as the later , but some of the guys there are in the 14's

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor