1978 Century Aeroback in Sherwood PickNPull

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I was at the yard over the weekend and saw a '78 Century 2dr fastback. I assume it's a fairly uncommon (rare) car since I can't recall ever seeing one before. Light yellow with almost no body damage, tan interior, bench seat, power nothing. I'd bet the 305 was about the only option on it. Still really complete and rust free. Unfortunately they don't sell complete cars once they hit the yard but if any of you guys are in the Portland area and need parts it's there. Sorry, didn't have a camera with me. Just thought I'd pass along the info:
http://www.picknpull.com/check_inventor ... istance=20

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I always thought that those cars were cool...and yes, they are quite rare. I have never seen one in person, only on the web.
Some were turbocharged as well, but had no real performance to speak about. If I recall, they also had a neat little spoiler on the rear. I wouldn't mind owning one of those with a modern drivetrain in it.
I got ahead of myself here. There was a model called a turbo coupe...that's what I was envisioning.
I have seen the fastback '78 Olds 442's and the regular Buick Century's in 2-dr and 4-dr models, but never the turbo coupe version.
Check it for the elusive aluminum radiator support.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I didn't even think to check the core support. I was there for a spare computer for my wagon and some wiring harness connectors off an S10. Wasn't there for Gbody parts at all and would have probably walked right past it if it wasn't for the roof line catching my eye. For some reason I always thought that body style was cool too. Maybe I'm in the minority but I like what I like. The right wheels, a 455, buckets and console would make it a fun driver.

I also noticed it had silver faced gauges. Is that also rare like in the Cutlasses?

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
I agree, Very cool body style. Buick and Oldsmobile had that them. 78-80 Buick Century and the 78-80 Olds Salon and 78-79 442

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor