Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin S.

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Good afternoon community,

hope you´re all fine and had a nice season with many miles of cruising.:giggle:

Due to the fact, that it´s foreseeable, that the weather will change for the worse, I´m thinking about what to do to improve the car and to pass the time.

Since last winter, I´ve been in contact with so many Internet retailer (GBodyparts, collectorsautosupply, stockinteriors, etc.............) to MAYBE catch a new headliner for the car.................
Nothing; it seems that you can only buy headliner for 2-door coupes. But this doesn´t fit, 6´´ shorter. Really boring................(n):(:mad:

My question is now to you all: does anyone of you has an idea, where i can buy a new headliner, hard formed component preferred ? And maybe with the necessary material for the
installation ?

I would be very happy about ideas and answers.

Many thx in advance and BR to you all
Martin

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Martin,
The only other headliner that I think will work is probably from another 4-dr model. 4-drs are like the red-headed step children of the G-bodies. No offense to you 4-dr guys.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Do you still have your current headliner board? How bad is it? The reason I ask is because if it just has a few cracks in the board, you can use fiberglass resin and matting...or fiberglass cloth to repair it.
I know that they become very brittle and prone to cracking easily. Ask me how I know.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Martin,
The only other headliner that I think will work is probably from another 4-dr model. 4-drs are like the red-headed step children of the G-bodies. No offense to you 4-dr guys.

It’s true. The G-Body aftermarket only cares about the coupes for the most part. :confused:

• Agree

Martin S.

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Do you still have your current headliner board? How bad is it? The reason I ask is because if it just has a few cracks in the board, you can use fiberglass resin and matting...or fiberglass cloth to repair it.
I know that they become very brittle and prone to cracking easily. Ask me how I know.
No, sorry........... As I bought the car, there was nothing, except the dome light under the roof

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Sounds like you may have to get jiggy wit it. Assess the situation, obtain some generic ABS material, cut to fit best fitting section, mold with heat gun, and glue in the section to 'stretch' the length. You know the width is good; you just have to figure out where to put the extra 6".... :eek: Wait, what?

• Informative
  • Creative
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Clarmo

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
I had a local automotive Upholsterer redo mine. He had it out in 25 min. He took it home. Two days later he reinstalled it in 45min. Best 375.00 I've spent on the car. If you still want to do the Re&Re, just get someone to recover it for you.
IMG_4802.JPG

Martin, 4-drs are like the red-headed step children of the G-bodies. No offense to you 4-dr guys.

Easy Buddy!!! ;)

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I'm in the same boat here, with my Century 2 dr. ( longer than a Regal headliner ). So I will be buying a Regal headliner... cutting it, and adding a piece from another headliner. I'll upholster it myself, and all will be good. I hope.... Good luck with yours, and post up your results. I will, but it won't be for awhile.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I had a local automotive Upholsterer redo mine. He had it out in 25 min. He took it home. Two days later he reinstalled it in 45min. Best 375.00 I've spent on the car. If you still want to do the Re&Re, just get someone to recover it for you.
View attachment 97838

Easy Buddy!!! ;)
I didn't mean for my statement to sound derogatory. It's just that 4-dr cars do not get any aftermarket support as 2-dr's and El Caminos get.
I always thought your car was tastefully done...and a great looking Malibu.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor