1978 Malibu Classic Ticking noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
there's a plastic inspect cover that you remove to get to the bolts for the flexplate and torque converter but that noise sounds like your flexplate may be cracked

tokelokenem

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2010
illinois
pontiacgp said:
there's a plastic inspect cover that you remove to get to the bolts for the flexplate and torque converter but that noise sounds like your flexplate may be cracked

oh okay someone else said thats what it sounded like neway im gonna stick her in a barn and lift her up so ill get it done then.

KapPartier

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2012
Atlanta, GA
My 78 Monte makes a light ticking noise. Sound like its coming from around the distributor. I dont know. But anyways, you would basically have to almost take down your transmission to change the flywheel. Not hard, only 3 bolts connect to the flywheel frm torque converter. And 6 bolts from flywheel to bacj of the engine.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i thought it was gonna be a setup for this:
[youtube]U7_3xxQXgFs[/youtube]

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
beermonkey9417 said:
i thought it was gonna be a setup for this:
[youtube]U7_3xxQXgFs[/youtube]

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor