Apr 28, 2015
rogersville TN
FB_IMG_1430178505471.jpg
FB_IMG_1430178497495.jpg

stepur4779

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2015
rogersville TN
1978 Malibu . This journey started at age 15 . the year 2005 . Got this car off a farmer. He made deal with me said if I worked all weekend. the car was mine. had 6 cylinder in it , all it need was a radiator hose and battery and had a hole in the gas tank lucky my dad has a spare gas tank in the 1985 Oldsmobile he had. after that it started right up not a bad deal at all. had lots of big dent on the car but was young and had plenty of time to work on the car.

Last edited:

stepur4779

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2015
rogersville TN
2 years has past . The year is 2007 summer
age 17 , working at burger king to buy parts for the Malibu.
the process report back than I fix the body and primer the car and change the bench seat to bucket seats and painted the side panels, black. and bunch of other stuff just cant remember .
still had a 6 cylinder dad said wasn't ready for a v8 can't blame him back than probably got killed for showing off . In this pic was prom night going to go pick up my date . wish I knew this site was around back than I would had took more pics of the process back than.

FB_IMG_1430178474515.jpg

stepur4779

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2015
rogersville TN
the year is 2009 , high school senior , still at burger king . was saving every penny I could back than going to get that car painted and put v8 in the car

stepur4779

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2015
rogersville TN
01/10/2009 got the car back from paint , found the hood scopes in a dumpster clean them up came out great. the guy did ok job still could had done better. There was small dents on the car and body is not all straight like I wanted it. he took advantage of a young kid. should never had paid him first until the job was done. but learned a life lesson. tried to get him fix it but kept ducking and dodging me .

stepur4779

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2015
rogersville TN
the year is 2009 in may . found a engine at a yard sale. around march Asked him how much he wanted it for said 200.00 I said sold.
Took the engine to the machine shop let them fully rebuilt the engine. after I ran the number on the engine found out it came out of a 1968 corvette how lucky can you get.
later on found the value covers at the swap meet for 25.00 dollars dad took some yellow paint and made it look really good. when engine got back started to paint all day long . came out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor