1978 Malibu Wagon Weatherstripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
nice wagon you can get the door weather stripping from www.dixiemontecarlo.com the front doors are the same as a 4dr sedan but the back ones are specific to the wagon and I have not found the one for the rear yet but if I do I will let you know. That's a hell of a start looks almost just like mine lol wheels and all :D

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Over on Maliburacing.com, there was talk of using a Caravan/Voyager/Town&Country rear gate weatherstrip for the rear body opening.

Noone makes the seal at the bottom of the glass across the top of the gate.

This place seems to have pretty good prices, and lists belt moldings as well, which can be tough to find in this 2-door oriented hobby

http://www.dannoenterprises.com/wchevy.htm#ChevyG

Nice wagon, wasn't it on ebay a time or two? Seems like the guy had 3, if I remember right...including a sort -of "Nomad" in 2 tone blue.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
http://www.steelerubber.com/

Steele Rubber Products has the door seals and belt moldings as well.

It's the early to mid '90's style Mopar mini-vans that have a very similar tailgate weatherstrip. You'll probably be able to find a decent one at the yard. Unfortunately like mentioned before me, the seal across the top of the gate where the rear glass meets is unavailable.

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
welcome

Great looking wagon!

If mine were that nice when I found it, shure would have saved me a lot of time and work :D

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've used the Voyager/ Caravan tailgate seal on mine, and it works like a charm.
The profile is a bit different from the OEM seal, but I find it seals better.

MVC-618S-1.jpg

[/img]

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
Longroof is that the seal at the top of the tailgate or the one that goes all around

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
SLICK79WGN said:
Longroof is that the seal at the top of the tailgate or the one that goes all around
================================================
Charlie,
It's the one that goes around the tailgate/ hatch opening. They're pretty easy to find at a local boneyard/ u-pull-it.

As Ribbedroof said, the seal on top of the tailgate is NLA (no longer available).
Fortunately I found a good one years ago from a clean northern wagon wreck.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor