Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2019
Hey all,

I am brand new to the forum but have used the information on here many times throughout the course of my G-body build. I have a 1986 Olds 442. Bit of a back story, my grandfather bought it and drove it for awhile before my father purchased it from him. When I graduated high school it was my graduation gift from my dad. When he gave the car to me it needed a new motor because the crappy and gutless 307 had given out. I decided to find a different motor and came across a 1978 Olds 403. We did a full tear down/rebuild on it and added several aftermarket parts to boost the performance. My question is, does anyone have an estimate what I am making at this point? I have never had it dyno tested or run at the track (yet). Its a 403 block with 350 Olds heads, Edelbrock aluminum performance intake, CAI, mechanical distributor, basically the largest cam I could fit without modifying the heads, true dual catless exhaust, high pressure oil pump, and a quadrajet. Any guesses? Also, I am looking into some shorty headers (if I can get them to fit) as well as possibly getting some aluminum high-flow heads instead, just not yet.

Thanks for the input, all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor