1978 to 1983 Regal gauge layout question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
Now, I'm no expert but according to the sales brochure the only regal in 1983 with overdrive was the T-Type. Now most T-Types that I've seen have a floor shifter however, the brochure says 55/45 seats were available. So I'd have to say the gauge your looking for exists........ somewhere out there. Probably hiding under another pile of rat sh*t. :mrgreen:

7.jpg

5.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think that is going to be a tough find you might have to resort to finding or having an indicator sticker made for the gauge or a plastic overlay.
Or possibly modify a later model cars overdrive indicator from a junk yard to fit.

• Creative
Reactions: 1 users

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Well I looked at the 4 sport dashes I have no luck and didn't know they made one now I want one for my wagon when I put the o.d. trans in it. Now I'm on the hunt for one or two if they are out there.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
They do exist, I have one in my 83 T Type. Sorry about the poor picture I'll try to get a better one later.
20180909_093131.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Now, I'm no expert but according to the sales brochure the only regal in 1983 with overdrive was the T-Type. Now most T-Types that I've seen have a floor shifter however, the brochure says 55/45 seats were available. So I'd have to say the gauge your looking for exists........ somewhere out there. Probably hiding under another pile of rat sh*t. :mrgreen:

7.jpg

5.jpg

I wonder if that is a Canadian market brochure. Looks like only one engine has CCC, it was my understanding that in the US market, GM went to CCC across the board for the 1981 model year, and was on certain 1980 models as well.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Well cut my legs off and call me Shorty. Never seen one and now I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor