1978 turn signal lever question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
I have a cruise lever to add to my 78 that works with the LS swap and Dakota digital equipment.

My question is how deep do you have to go in the column to get the turn signal lever out? Mine is loose and can be pulled off the knurled nub, wondering if it am better off just epoxying the stalk in place and cutting it to slip the new cruise lever over it.

Having trouble finding a video or any good info on these older columns.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I have a cruise lever to add to my 78 that works with the LS swap and Dakota digital equipment.

My question is how deep do you have to go in the column to get the turn signal lever out? Mine is loose and can be pulled off the knurled nub, wondering if it am better off just epoxying the stalk in place and cutting it to slip the new cruise lever over it.

Having trouble finding a video or any good info on these older columns.
Do you have cruise control?

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Can be a pain but you need a thin pretty stiff length of wire. I liked to use manual choke cable. Use the inner wire. At the bottom of the steering column you will find a small flat connector and when you disconnect it it will have a hole in the male side that runs up the column. Run the wire in that and close the loop to make small as possible. Pull the lever out of the straightened column(if you have tilt) and fish it out. Attach the new switch to the wire and fish it back. Take your time and be patient.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor