1979 buick sport coupe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
They still haven’t settled that claim yet? Hope you’ll be satisfied with the end result. Now how about an update on the rear spoiler mold you are working on...

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What year did GM drop the Butless cars? I just really see the similarities between this Buick and a Mercury Capri.

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
They still haven’t settled that claim yet? Hope you’ll be satisfied with the end result. Now how about an update on the rear spoiler mold you are working on...
I did not get much traction from first person who was lining up a person who could do a mould so now looking at different avenue. Pretty slow process .
What year did GM drop the Butless cars?
dropped the four door in 1979 and the two door in 1980. The spoiler was only on about 2000 cars.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I did not get much traction from first person who was lining up a person who could do a mould so now looking at different avenue. Pretty slow process .

dropped the four door in 1979 and the two door in 1980. The spoiler was only on about 2000 cars.
I didn't even know the spoiler was available, cool. Like I said they would have competed very well with a 5L HO or even better the Turbo 6 in a similar weight car compared to the Mustang hatchback.

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
Nice car, Rus!
They were truly the Ugly Ducklings of the time, but it's refreshing to see a nice one now in a sea of Opera Window g-bodies.
It's interesting to see the difference in the '78 and '79 Sport Coupe models. I had a '78 that I bought in '82. The '78 had no spoiler, but had painted aluminum bumpers, buckets, rear sway bar and the quick steering box. I swapped out the 305 SBC for a stock 400 SBC and it made for a nice driver.
Unfortunately, I had to eventually sell it to get a Pickup tow vehicle, once we got involved in Sprint Car racing.
Those "polycast" wheels often got the centers destroyed by the cones of the old style tire machines; Yours look good.
A big-block Buick is great choice in motor. With an aluminum intake, they don't weigh but a few pounds more than an SBC, but a ton more torque.
Good luck with your build!

Bill

Attachments

• 78CenturySportCoupe-1 - Copy.jpg
    78CenturySportCoupe-1 - Copy.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor