1979 Grand Am G BODY - inside rear glass Foam Seal Ribbon..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2021
Looking to replace and also purchase. what to look for or name of to search for. Just receive my in New plastic molding from O.P.G. and want to Finish off the inside. Foam ribbon is attached to metal brackets. any photos would help to install assemblies . THANKS

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
I’d be interested in seeing more of what you’re working on and what you’ve found for new moldings. I’ll be reassembling my Lemans over the next couple months, so it could be helpful. My car has been apart so long that I’m expecting that I’ll have some trouble.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Home improvement stores usually have a decent assortment of foam weatherstrip with adhesive on one side, might look there

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Sep 3, 2021
I’d be interested in seeing more of what you’re working on and what you’ve found for new moldings. I’ll be reassembling my Lemans over the next couple months, so it could be helpful. My car has been apart so long that I’m expecting that I’ll have some trouble.
Home improvement stores usually have a decent assortment of foam weatherstrip with adhesive on one side, might look there
THANK'S FOR WAKING ME UP. Feeling Kind of Foolish and thinking "why didn't I think of that"..

Sep 3, 2021
Will do.. The car is a Survivor, sat in a storage garage for over 15 yrs. I am the lucky fella to take ownership at 34k miles. Most of the interior took the beating from the heat. Plastic molding had the oil sucked out of the and just deteriorated. The original owner replace every piece of the insides except the lower quarter panel molding. Ordered and received them . Now to paint and to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor