PONTIAC 1979 Grand Am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don57

Apprentice
Apr 12, 2009
St. John's, NL
Racco..……...I see you have the performance "ram air" exhaust manifolds on your car. Do you have any issue with clearance? Do you know what part they are? Thanks!

Racco

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2018
The manifolds fit fine without issue, they are the standard ram air three manifolds for the 1970 Firebird and gto.
The only negative is the weight, the manifolds must weigh 30 pounds each.

i didn’t want to use tube style headers as they cause leaks and hang low, besides I like the stock look. Years ago these ram air manifolds were so rare and impossible to find, making these reproduction manifolds a bargain. These manifolds don’t leak and don’t make that pinging sound of the thin tube headers. Headers may make more ultimate power but that wasn't my objective.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

88 Gutlass

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2020
Ga
My sister had one when I was a kid, along with a 77 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ. I grew up with my mom having a 69 Grand Prix and a 77 cutlass supreme. To say the least I have grown up with nice GM cars.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor