1979 Malibu firewall connection **HELP*

T

Ttopbox

n00b
Jun 11, 2019
Hello fellow G body family... I need any kind of help regarding my firewall engine connection. I have a 1979 Malibu and I’m doing an LS3 swap... everything is nearly done but I ran into a problem... it seems that my firewall stock engine connection does not match my inner (under the dash) firewall connection..,, this has put my build in dead stop until I figure out what connection i really do have... I believe the inner side of the firewall connection is from a different year g body.... can any one please provide me with useful help or does any one recognize this year connection ... I’ve posted two pictures of the firewall connection... I appreciate the help. The connections don’t mate up with each other .. I believe they’re two different years .

Attachments

H

hoffa65

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
I ran into this issue when I put a 83 GP dash in a 84 ElCo.
The dash harness you have is from the older style (78-82 ish, change over depends on model) and pins are horizontal. The engine bay/lighting harness is from a newer model 83/84 to 88. the pins are vertical. Youll need an older harness to match the dash harness.

Reactions: Texas82GP
T

Ttopbox

n00b
Jun 11, 2019
Thank you I at least got an understanding of the vertical and horizontal pins... i appreciate you.... any idea where or what car I can get the matching engine bay harness from??

H

hoffa65

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
I would look for an 78-81 chevy with same or similar options as what your 79 has.
I posted in the wanted section on here and found a complete harness.

Reactions: fleming442
T

Ttopbox

n00b
Jun 11, 2019
If anyone out here has one for sale I’ll buy it. Please let me know

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor