1979 Malibu frame??.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Gary

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2013
Rochester,NY
Is a 1985 Monty frame a bolt on to my 1979 Malibu??.I posted this question on another forum and they said the front horns are longer.I would like mire details about that.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
That's a first I've heard of that. Aside from the el camino and wagon I thought they were all the same. The only major change I think was in '84 when the 200-4r was offered there was a frame extension for the cross member added on the driver's side.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
I think they are different - its been a long time but IIRC the front of a Monte is much longer than a Malibu

1Gary

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2013
Rochester,NY
Re: 1979 Malibu frame??.Need help!!.

I sure don't want to run into odd problems like the rad core support or firewall not lining up properly.Nor do I want to have to fab front or rear bumper supports because I had to cut them off the frame.I do hope someone chimes in that knows for sure.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Hey. Someone has to have a 78-83 2door/4 door Malibu frame and or 82-87 Monte carlo, Cutlass, Grand prix,Regal frame on here they can take a few measurements for you .Measure with out front and rear bumpers.

Doug

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
That would have been my guess. Makes perfect sense. Lot cheaper to make two different length bumper shocks than make two different length frames for the coupes/sedans.

1Gary

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2013
Rochester,NY
I want to run glass bumpers,so I am wondering how that would work out.Certainly frame up race only BBC build is the way I would want to go.

Is there numbers on the frame that I could look for to positively I.D. it is what the seller says it is??. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor