1979 Malibu ignition buzzer help. Location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PraeT

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2015
Trying to figure out if this car came with one. Previous owner had an alarm installed and it's a mess under the dash. What does the ignition buzzer look like, and where is it located? (No luck searching). Also, do these cars have headlight buzzers as well? I need that more than anything (son has a habit of leaving them on).

Thanks.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i thought the buzzer was attached to the fuse block, black square box, near one of the flashers.
as for headlight on reminders, no, not equipped from factory on 79 malibu. i believe you can buy one aftermarket. do a search, there are several out there ranging from dyi, to store bought.

Reactions: 1 user

PraeT

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I don't see a black box next to the flashers. Maybe it's gone? Anyone have a pic?
image.jpeg

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
On the backside of the dash....lower left...there is what they call a convenience center....I believe your buzzers should be located there...

0EVopD.jpg

sorry for the bad lighting...this is an 86 dash but earlier ones should be pretty similar.

PraeT

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2015
So like this? Had to squeeze under but the black box with white looking flasher is in that area behind the dash.

Just above the courtesy light.

image.jpeg

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Looks like your in the right area....I'm sure I've got some buzzers here somewhere that I could post a pic of...might take some digging to find them. Seat belt buzzer should look similar to this image I found on google..

50-10976.jpg

PraeT

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2015
Great. Thanks man. Already going to snag one of the Napa universals for the headlights.

Appreciate all the help.

t01blaze

Master Mechanic
Oct 4, 2011
South New Jersey
'79 Malibu. I have the dash removed. This is from the top down. The buzzer is right above the driverside foot well lighting socket.

20160103_013013_zpsbh10dwio.jpg

20160103_012948_zpsqh4ffevi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor