1979 Malibu Landau Factory 4 speed (Original Documentation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I tried buying a roller black Malibu coupe with buckets about 3.5 years ago, guy was not sure he wanted to sell (iffy job situation, as I recall), and ultimately decided not to. He did send me a bunch of pics, but I lost all of them but one after a laptop died. It was originally a 4 speed car, he was thinking that was a MAJOR selling point, but didn't have any of the original stuff. I really didn't care that much about it since all the manual trans stuff past the pedal was gone

I did manage to save one pic from the drive, but the interior pics didn't make it.
View attachment 98107
That's a 60s, 70s muscle car way of thinking, I see it a lot with mopar people. "It waaaas a 4 speed car, now has a Th350 in it. So clearly it's still worth as much as if it did. What? No, I don't have any of the original stuff. Are you crazy?" he then probably sells all the 4 speed stuff after you load your franken car on a trailer. it sounds super cynical, but thats how it be.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
I have info on several 4 speed Malibus saved on my drive at home with documentation. One of the nicest ones is the 79 Jim from Arizona has that is equipped with almost every option including the sunroof.

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
I have to say im pretty sure those are the first known documented factory bucket,s i have seen , really cool pic,s , and great info on those production numbers !

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Here is a highly optioned one with the desirable black interior and a ton of options.

Attachments

• 1979-malibu-classic-13.jpg
    1979-malibu-classic-13.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 1979-malibu-classic-3.jpg
    1979-malibu-classic-3.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 238
  • 1979-malibu-classic-2.jpg
    1979-malibu-classic-2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
That,s some good pics and good info . I recently came across production numbers for malibus , for 1979 . landau 25.212 , classic , 104.220 . And i believe you posted the manual shift car numbers . That 1980 is sweet for sure ,out of my price range. That rear spoiler actually looks pretty good paint matched to car .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor