1979 mind of its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknox

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 1, 2010
i own a 1979 cutlass for 4 years now and love it drive it everyday. about 7 mo ago i lost my job and with bills & wife i made the trip and parked it in a lot by the main drag 4 sale 1500 obo a steal seeing as i just put the 350 rockett and turbo 350 in it. needed paint thats it . next day phone was blazein 7 people 5:00 who wants it moore. i start it up they love it (not the dad wantin it for his 16yo kid) i pile 4 people in it. put it in rev nothing s***! check fluid full linkge ok drive shafts ok? i tell em come back 2morrow just something little. they all leave i go home :evil: 9:00pm she comes home on the flat bed 8:00 next day start her up and drove 37 miles 2 work and back? could not find anything wrong. 1 week later 2 18 yo high scool kids call they dont care if it drives or not! they come over i take the 2 off em 4 a lil ride around the block they love it yes its finly gone they come back with the cash and 1 of there dads. he tells me that g bodys are lux cars not race cars soooooo u know what comes next!the dad jumpes in and off we go. i get up 2 about 30mph and smack it tires start spinning and the dad is lovein it burnout at the next light next 2 a 1999 v6 mustang the dad says where doing 85 mph and not movein bad a** ! but i just couldnt stop was about a block away from home doing 35 and BOOM the trans seem like it exploded had 2 drive back home in rev so imbarsing they didnt but it and its sat all winter. still about 1 a week a knock on the door man it would look pimpin on 24 in rims they say how much? i slam the door in there face and cant bring my self 2 seeing it on those stupid rimes so if anybody has a good turbo 350 olds trans let me know untill then its going no where :blam:

whitey said:

it knows where it has a loving owner, and doesn't want to go somewhere where it'd be donked, and/or trashed! :wink:

I think most of us have been there with one car or another!

It sounds like its giving you a sign :lol:

dknox said:
still about 1 a week a knock on the door man it would look pimpin on 24 in rims they say how much? i slam the door in there face quote]

:rofl: :rofl: HAHA man that made my day 12 hours a work straight and getting annoied, seen that i luaghed my *ss off!

LMAo :rofl: , That Cutty doesn't wanna go anywhere 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor