1979 Olds Cutlass Calais questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
In Winnipeg Holiday Chev Old's was a car dealer and the hand painted the pin stripes on there cutlasses it was a dealer option so not all of the were the stickers but portably 95% are stickers

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

hangar401

One Owner
Oct 3, 2019
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
As I've posted about before, my first car in 1984 was a 79 Calais w T-tops, and earlier this year I bought another with the intention of making it what I always wanted the original to be. While I'm waiting my turn for parts and my mechanic's time, I'm just curious if any of the knowledgeable historians here know something I don't. The vast majority of 79 Cutlasses I have ever seen had the side stripes, however BOTH of my Calais cars did not. My first one was brown and had a camel 1/2 vinyl top and side moldings, but no stripes. My latest is dark carmine metallic, and has neither a vinyl top or side moldings, and no stripes. Were stripes and molding std, and "stripe delete" and "molding delete" chosen on my current car, or were stripes and molding options in 1979 that apparently 99% of all Cutlasses came with?
This my original found under the headliner it may help

Attachments

• Original Build Sheet.jpg
    Original Build Sheet.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Build Options1.jpg
    Build Options1.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Build Options2.jpg
    Build Options2.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: 1 user

hangar401

One Owner
Oct 3, 2019
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
As I've posted about before, my first car in 1984 was a 79 Calais w T-tops, and earlier this year I bought another with the intention of making it what I always wanted the original to be. While I'm waiting my turn for parts and my mechanic's time, I'm just curious if any of the knowledgeable historians here know something I don't. The vast majority of 79 Cutlasses I have ever seen had the side stripes, however BOTH of my Calais cars did not. My first one was brown and had a camel 1/2 vinyl top and side moldings, but no stripes. My latest is dark carmine metallic, and has neither a vinyl top or side moldings, and no stripes. Were stripes and molding std, and "stripe delete" and "molding delete" chosen on my current car, or were stripes and molding options in 1979 that apparently 99% of all Cutlasses came with?
Should be on this sheet mine has them Look at the B codes

Attachments

• Original Build Sheet.jpg
    Original Build Sheet.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor