1979 pontiac grtand prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

genestang

Apprentice
Sep 18, 2021
was wondering if anyone had a engine vacuum diagram for 3.8 79 Grand Prix. car runs but I am seeing things that the previous owner or owners have unhooked
car burns very rich and will almost burn your eyes while it is running. Vac lines seem to be attached but not sure if they are attached to the proper points on the car.
to get it running when cold is quite a chore but runs ok when you finally are able to get it running. lags with congestion when you push the gas pedal while at idle almost as if it could cut out at any given point. a vac diagram and changing out those old hoses may just help out with this issue. has a ported vac switch not even hooked up at all. No lines going to it as well.

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
I have a factory service manual and I can copy the page's and mail them to you if you would like. Send me a pm with your address and I'll try to get them sent out tomorrow.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

genestang

Apprentice
Sep 18, 2021
That would be great and I thank you very much. I have to pick up some type of manual for it, we just purchased it and I am slowly working on getting it road worthy again will get info needed to send over to you as soon as I can

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Sounds good, if you have a question or looking for a part let me know and I'll see if I can help. Owned 78-80 gp's for 30 years.

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Start a new thread to introduce yourself and include pics of your car. People on here are friendly and helpful but they love pictures.

genestang

Apprentice
Sep 18, 2021
Start a new thread to introduce yourself and include pics of your car. People on here are friendly and helpful but they love pictures.
I have introduced myself when I joined up with the forum. I need to take some pics of Edna but we haven’t gotten that far just yet. Will try to post some soon. Not much to look at but the green and tan kind of grew on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor