1980 Cutlass project from Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pasikiainen

Master Mechanic
Mar 12, 2014
Sooo, first of all I'd like to say sorry for my English, I'm from Finland so my English can be sloppy at times.

But to the car... Its a Cutlass, 1980 four door. Picture from few months back:

oazg.jpg

Have had this car for almost 2 years, bought it without engine when i was 17 years old.

Had a vinyl roof when I bought it, but the metal was rusted under that and the windscreen was leaking so had to rip it off.

cutlass001.jpg

Made a new headliner, which is sacking :oops: and have soundproofen the interior a bit, should do more tho.

Then alot of rust repairs, Im going to put some picks here:

olmomt003.jpg

scaled.php

olmoo001.jpg

oldsi001.jpg

oldsi003.jpg

olssimt001.jpg

olmo001.jpg

olmoo002.jpg

oldsi001.jpg

olmoo001.jpg

oldsi001.jpg

olmohitsi001.jpg

olmohitsi002.jpg

olaai001.jpg

Did a engine rebuilt to it. Not much power with ported "8" heads, home made headers, 600cfm carter, and a "torque"cam, and performer intake.

olssii002.jpg

olssii003.jpg

Found a little damage at back end...

olsii002.jpg

olsi001.jpg

I will post a lot of more picks to you, if your interested, but thats for now :D

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looking good! Used to be a diesel huh? You made a good deal of progress so far. Post up some more pictures!

:banana:

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user

Pasikiainen

Master Mechanic
Mar 12, 2014
Yeah, used to be a 350 diesel taxi when it was new :D Those days are long gone, got to say. Now it has a 350 with TH350 and 3.08 with Auburn lock. Bought a TH200R4 for it for 50 euros, (about 40 us dollars i suppose) with turbine, started to clean it, and the tale is shot :cry: Can that be fixed?

oldsi+001.JPG

This winter, I have done little rust repairs with passenger side rear door, few pics:

oldsii+ja+chevyy+006.JPG

odsii+003.JPG

oldsinovi+002.JPG

Had the water pump removed, because it was so rusted because I didnt paint it when it was new. So I painted it:

oldsi+004.JPG

olds+001.JPG

Put a electric fan to replace the old:

o9rm.jpg

Bought almost all new to front end:

1375928_572336806149107_1418336157_n.jpg

Disassembeld:

4sbn.jpg

Painted everything that was off... Then put in with new bushings and all... Only thing that was old are the shock absorbers...

neib.jpg

Eibach springs:

6ltm.jpg

Old vs. new:

r0ft.jpg

oldsi+007.JPG

Have started making the exhaust... 3" pipe is bit too much and doesnt really fit properly...

olds+002.JPG

Starter...

3f8b.jpg

Front end...

bqur.jpg

c1vx.jpg

55pc.jpg

Assembled Chekorees steering axle to replace that worn out old one... Painted that too.

heiv.jpg

igh0.jpg

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Dang those pictures are massive! Lol. I can't see all the pictures from work, so I am not sure as to what you mean about the tail of the 2004R being shot. Is it the bearing inside the tail? Is the driveshaft yolk all wobbly? If so than yes, you can replace that bearing.

All the pics look good, and you seem to be trucking along nicely :D

Pasikiainen

Master Mechanic
Mar 12, 2014
They dont appear big on my desktop but on my cellphone some off them are massive :D lol computers are not my strong part.

oldsi+001.JPG

Trans failure, dont know what have happened to it..

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I see them now, had to use a different web browser. (work computer blocks alot). That brocken off chunk back there is where the seal goes. I doubt you could get the seal to seal up in there. You may be able to get it to stay put, but will it leak? who knows. :(

Pasikiainen

Master Mechanic
Mar 12, 2014
Yeah I know that there should be a seal. And it would leak, because its all the way cracked to the bottom were the seal goes. I was just wondering, could I weld it or something?

Pasikiainen

Master Mechanic
Mar 12, 2014
Decided to sell the th200r4 as is... I will bought one when I have the money to really built the inside the correct way... With this, I was just planning to put the shift kit and new oils and drive to the sunset :D

Pasikiainen

Master Mechanic
Mar 12, 2014
Kiitoksia kiitoksia 8) Hyvä kuulla että sielläkin seurataan, tota sunkin projektia tullut seurattua nyt kun löysin tämän g-bodyforumin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor