1980 fuse box bulkhead pinouts & availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I took out my old buick 3.8 engine and sold it last week along with the old harness and bulkhead that plugs into the fuse box plug on the firewall out of my 80 century. That's my mistake, i should have kept that plug.

Trying to plug an 87 GN harness into the 80 bulkhead and thought they would plug in (they dont)

Are the old 1980 style harness plugs available (1st picture below) so I don't have to call the guy that bought my engine and beg him to sell me the plug back?

Anyone know of a pinout for the 1980 plug similar to the GN c100 diagram I found in the second photo? I don't need to use a half dozen wires in the GN plug since I will run the tach separately, dont need the powermaster, and am running the fuel pump power outside the harness, but need to adapt the GN harness to the century 1980 early style bullhead somewhere. Still need to pull ignition voltage, starter signal, I would prefer to cut the GN plug off and repin the wires into a new bulkhead c100 connector that plugs into the century bulkhead so I dont end up with a bundle of soldered and heat shrunk wires right under the wiper motor.

The old plug had 10 pins (im sure there are more available depending on how the car was optioned)
1547485571462.png

And the GN harness needs quite a few more, and are in a different layout. The 4-7 rows are what i am concerned about, I am re using the 1-3 plugs from the century harness.
1547485655163.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor