1980 GRAND AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

gteeoman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2014
York,NY
JUST WANTED TO SHARE SOME PICS AND SEE WHAT EVERYONE THOUGHT 33000 mile 1 repaint all original except wheels and PYPES GN exhaust! Sounds great!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 466
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 463
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 421
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 424
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 426
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 444
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    710.7 KB · Views: 425
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 409
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 414
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 444

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
What do we think about it? Idk what everyone else thinks about it, but I like a car thats white or black close to factory and somewhat rare. I'd give it an A b/c it's got a lot going for it. It's also worth something compared to a more common example, but not worth enough to put you in a higher insurance bracket. It's the 'ultimate liability' issue. I think all it needs is some badass person to build an action movie franchise around. Deathwish 6: no charles bronson this time +++

gteeoman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2014
York,NY
What do we think about it? Idk what everyone else thinks about it, but I like a car thats white or black close to factory and somewhat rare. I'd give it an A b/c it's got a lot going for it. It's also worth something compared to a more common example, but not worth enough to put you in a higher insurance bracket. It's the 'ultimate liability' issue. I think all it needs is some badass person to build an action movie franchise around. Deathwish 6: no charles bronson this time +++

gteeoman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2014
York,NY
I could not of thought of a better reply !! I love this car and hope everyone else feels the way you do! Did I mention it has every factory option except cruise and moon roof! I hope Hollywood calls soon.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Man. I came back to see it again. It looks even better than my 79 MC or my 88 Brougham. I hope Hollywood doesn't call and IFC has Clint visit Flint instead so we get to see what the mean streets of d town really looks like. Motor city madness. That car would probably sell for double in Michigan than other states. the 80 GA's are future classics.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Always loved the Pontiac gbodys. That thing is just too cool! They are similar to the Malibu (which I have and love),
And worked in all of those cool Pontiac traits. Thanks for sharing..timo

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Very nice car. Like a time capsule from the 80's. What engine came in that Pontiac? I dont know about it looking like a heroes or a villans car. It definitly screams 80's... maybe a movie based in the 80's with drug dealers and corrupt cops and a main character who gets caught up in the middle of it all and loves to drive his 1980 Grand AM. And the whole movie takes place in NYC :mrgreen:

gteeoman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2014
York,NY
80 GA's came with a150hp 301c.i. 4bbl All Pontiac eNgine. I was lucky enough to pu one up with my dad when I was ten years old at Scutti Pontiac in Rochester,NY? It was black with maroon cloth only options werea am/fm stereo and rear defogger. It was the first car I drove, I took it to my first prom and also took my senior pics with it. It's long gone thanks to NY winters. I finally bought another one last year. Interesting fact my dads had dual exhaust exiting behind both rear tires. I have owned 3 Monte SS' s and the GA had everything they had years earlier. They were and still are a under rated, almost unknown! Thanks for the kind words guys!

Ps: Doug I do know Kent

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
That's a really cool looking car. The Grand Ams always kind of flew under the radar. I also think that they're probably a future classic. I looked at a 1980 Grand Am that was up for sale on this site just over a year ago. It was a California car, and it had the 305 Chev engine in it. The owner eventually broke the car up for parts.
Are those the original wheels on your car? In the photos, it looks like the wheels might be a bit larger than original. Looks good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor