1980 Grand Am

Status
Not open for further replies.

missmy79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2011
I recently bought a 1980 grand am. I know the production numbers were low on this year model. Does anyone know a way to find out how many are left?

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
WOW, Really?
I think a lot of people would want to know.
There were only 1647 made.

Missmy79, I do know some manufacturers of aftermarket parts can find out how many of a certain car are still registered.
This won't tell us how many are sitting "waiting to be restored"
Unfortunately, there weren't enough of the 2nd Gen Grand Ams to warrant any type of investment in remanufacturing the hard to find parts that are unique to these cars.

Which 80 did you buy? And welcome to the site!

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
PHS (Pontiac Historical Services) might be able to tell you how many were produced, if they themselves are still around, I really have no idea. Google them and see what turns up. Other than that I doubt there's a way, unless you know someone with Nexxus access and could pull registration data like that....

missmy79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2011
WOW, Really?
I think a lot of people would want to know.
There were only 1647 made.

Missmy79, I do know some manufacturers of aftermarket parts can find out how many of a certain car are still registered.
This won't tell us how many are sitting "waiting to be restored"
Unfortunately, there weren't enough of the 2nd Gen Grand Ams to warrant any type of investment in remanufacturing the hard to find parts that are unique to these cars.

Which 80 did you buy? And welcome to the site!
It's starlight black with charcoal accent. Landau top

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
How about posting some pics of it for us to see? It sounds like a nice car, but pics are worth a thousand words. ;)

Wow!! You're a member since 2011 and only 3 posts?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

missmy79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2011
image.jpg
How about posting some pics of it for us to see? It sounds like a nice car, but pics are worth a thousand words. ;)

I currently only have one picture on my phone but I will try to post it.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for posting the pic. That is one beautiful Grand Am. I'm sure you're very proud of it...I would be for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
That's a beautiful car! If you're able to get any more photos of the car and post them, I for one would like to see them. I've had a bit of a soft spot for these cars. Over the years, I've tried to find one in decent shape close to home, but never did find what I'm looking for. Alot of people don't even know about the 2nd generation Grand Ams.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That is a really nice looking car, is the underside as clean as the body? I think the Grand Am is one of the best body styles of all the G bodies.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor