1980 Malibu 4 door 3 speed manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss396si

n00b
Jun 28, 2015
Hi guys, Curious about a 3 speed manual Malibu 4 door. Can a Muncie be a simple swap? Can a Grand National rear be a direct fit? What can I do with this car I plan on putting in a simple 375hp 350 in it, on a budget.
Thanks

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Wow!! 2 posts in just under a year...I'm impressed...:p
Just breakin' your chops.

Sounds like you have the typical Iraqi taxi. 4-dr, 3-spd manual. It would make a great sleeper.
The 4-spd Muncie should be a direct swap...same for the 8.5 GN rear. It would only require shortening the driveshaft 1". simple enough.

Clarmo

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
Let me know if you're going to sell that 3 speed trans or any other parts from that taxi. I've got a good one and I'm starting to collect any parts i can get my hands on. Plus I'm putting in a new Vortec 350 and keeping it 3 spd. I might need the spare parts!

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The shifter location will move back with the Muncie. That could be a problem for you if you have a bench seat. The Saginaw is a direct swap.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor