1980 Malibu classic landau chev SB 267 vacuum routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glesnak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2020
wabamun,Alberta Canada
Hi guys! So I bought a nice 1980 Mally classic with the 267 motor. Now, a few weeks ago I had her running. Rough, but she was running. Hard to start, but she ran. Now, my son figured it was fun to unplug stuff, needless to say, he switched vacuum lines around , and now for the life of me I cannot get her to run. She tries, occasionally to fire, but won't start. Backfires, Hootin and hollering, but won't fire .

Ether won't get her lit. Nothing is working. Kills battery fast too trying to start her.

Carb is a Rochester 210 , she sat for almost 20 years as well .

ps:i forgot to mention that before she decided to never fire again, she was blowing engine oil out of the carb.......

Can someone help me with a clear easy to follow routing diagram please?

And advice on what else could be going down.

The stickers on clip are not decipherable, I do own the Bible for this car, but I can't figure this out .

Maybe a whiskey would help.

I don't know

Thank you

G

Attachments

• 20200414_094550.jpg
    20200414_094550.jpg
    931.1 KB · Views: 350
  • 20200414_094256.jpg
    20200414_094256.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
If that's a current pic, that huge leak in the booster line isn't going to help. Should be filter in it, or at least have the hose replaced to connect to the brake booster

80-49.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Glesnak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2020
wabamun,Alberta Canada
Hi guys. The check valve is in, she did run before. I have a new master cylinder for it, it did run without it before. Thank you very much for the diagram! I'll throw the master on tomorrow and give er a whirl.

Thank you very much

G

Reactions: 1 user

Glesnak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2020
wabamun,Alberta Canada
This is really frustrating me. I went and followed digram for vac lines. She turns,turns, pressures up inside carb, blows back . After every second turn she hissed, like a whoosh, then turns again. But this time it turns slower, then hiss whoosh ,smoke shoots out of carb and exhaust. Ether or fuel down. Carb ain't firing. Fuel comes out both jets when. Accelerator pushed.little backfires too. When trying to turn. She tries to fire sometimes but I'm pulling my hair out.

Please help

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Timing out?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Glesnak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2020
wabamun,Alberta Canada
Timing out?
i do beleive thatr will be my next task today. when she ran she ran pretty rough. but, she backfired.....so big loud ones, like gunshots, and ever since then she hasnt run. ill try today to remove #1 plug, paper in cylinder, crank her clockwise by hand to see if i can get her tdc. i dont have a light or anything, so i will make do with what i have. i live in a very small Hamlet, so i am limited to a grocery store and home hardware, so i cant just run to Ukranian Tire to grab parts. its an hour away lol.

if you know any easy methods, throw the m my way.

thanks for helping!

Glesnak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2020
wabamun,Alberta Canada
I would start with the obvious check for spark check plugs for flooding check timing
definitely have spark, i did the good old screwdriver in wire boot, arched from inner wheel well to screwdriver, and yea.....theres juice lol im going to tackle timing today. thank you for commenting!

now, quick question, check plugs for flooding.....what would cause that? timing? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor