1980 malibu newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
New guy here.... just picked up a, well, you guessed it, a 1980 malibu and i've definately got my work cut out for me. Unfortunately, it got side swiped on the drivers side while parked in the street in front of the former owners home and by the looks of things, i'll have to replace the fender and door. Theres also a small dent in the quarter panel just behind the lower area of the driver's door, hard to see, luckily its not that bad and should be an easy fix at the local body shop, no need to cut it out and weld in a new peice and zero rocker panel damage. Purchased it for $1500, less engine(383cid) but they left the 700R4 in it, of which i dont plan on using, its the one with the TV cable, has 3.73 gears housed in the stock 7.5'' rear with an aftermarket diff cover with bearing support, upper adjustable differential suspension links, interere is in very nice shape, just alittle untidy and dirty atm, dash almost looks like new, good solid red paint job with charcoal grey racing strips, fiberglass cowl on hood addon, trunk spolier wing, 3core factory looking radiator with electric fan, AC delete plate done proper along with windsheild ledge cowl panel. What you see is how i got it, i havent had the chance to do anything constructive to it yet....

Attachments

• malibu front.JPG
    malibu front.JPG
    280.5 KB · Views: 331
  • malibu rear.JPG
    malibu rear.JPG
    354.3 KB · Views: 301
  • malibu side swiped.JPG
    malibu side swiped.JPG
    274 KB · Views: 283

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the site. Nice looking car. Too bad about the damage, but it looks repairable. Is that a mid '80s Firebird wing on the back?

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
The gentleman i bought the car from coudlnt recal, he bought the car that way long ago... but darned if it doesnt go great with the car, looks factory legit.

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Welcome! Reminds of a malibu that someone on this forum had. Hasn't been posting in a while and I don't remember his name though.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Thanks for the compliments.... but this place is a first for me, i've been a browser off and on but havent registered until now, i look forward to hanging out here for a good whiles, this will pretty much be the last malibu i'll be having fun with, its actually my second, my first was a 1975 chevelle/malibu classic, 13yrs i had that wonderful car, but i sold it off back in 2009, but hey, 7yrs later, im back!

Heres a couple more pics...

Attachments

• malibu interere 1.JPG
    malibu interere 1.JPG
    270.2 KB · Views: 253
  • malibu interere 2.JPG
    malibu interere 2.JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 268
  • malibu under 1.JPG
    malibu under 1.JPG
    276.3 KB · Views: 256
  • malibu under 2.JPG
    malibu under 2.JPG
    371.6 KB · Views: 251

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Holy smokes.... that looks exactly like the one i just bought, same color paint, racing stripes. cowl hood, tinted windows, headlights and rear wing. The guy i bought it from, thats not his name, i'll have to see where he got it from and if he remembers the guys name, to be continued. lol

Reactions: 1 user

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Holy smokes.... that looks exactly like the one i just bought, same color paint, racing stripes. tinted windows, headlights and rear wing. The guy i bought it from, thats not his name, i'll have to see where he got it from and if he remembers the guys name, to be continued. lol

I think it is the same car....I think that Pat was in Texas? are you?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Ernest.
That sure as hell looks like Pat's old car...that was my first impression. It also looks like it was time for a new owner to give it the love and attention that it needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor