1980 Malibu Side View Mirror options

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSGP350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2017
Hello all,

My 1980 Malibu has the basic side view mirrors. While I like the look (Mine are painted black) I am thinking about putting the "Bullet" typer mirrors as I think they are a little larger. The problem I am having is that the passenger side keeps on falling out of position. Does anyone have a fix for that?

If I do get a set of the bullet mirrors, will they fit in the same holes and be at the right "angle"? If anyone has done this conversion, please let me know which mirrors you purchased and where.

Thanks - Tom

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 635

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Be aware that not all OEM G body sport mirrors are the same. You'll want Malibu/El Camino mirrors. Pontiac Lemans, Grand Lemans, and Bonneville (82-86) will also be the right shape to fit the door correctly. Other makes/models MAY fit, but some have different bases as it relates to mounting angle and height

Reactions: 1 user

TSGP350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2017
Be aware that not all OEM G body sport mirrors are the same. You'll want Malibu/El Camino mirrors. Pontiac Lemans, Grand Lemans, and Bonneville (82-86) will also be the right shape to fit the door correctly. Other makes/models MAY fit, but some have different bases as it relates to mounting angle and height

Thanks!

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
I have several sets of sport mirrors. I would need to dig them out if interested. I have an 81 Malibu with sport mirrors ,so I could make sure they are the right ones. I have 4 or 5 sets and can’t remember what cars I pulled them from..timo22

TSGP350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2017
I have several sets of sport mirrors. I would need to dig them out if interested. I have an 81 Malibu with sport mirrors ,so I could make sure they are the right ones. I have 4 or 5 sets and can’t remember what cars I pulled them from..timo22

Yep - I am interested.

My door panels don't have the cutouts for the remote adjusters. If you have any of these mirrors without the cables it would be even better.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
All my sport mirrors have driver side cables. I probably have the bezels so you could install and look factory. The factory holes on your existing mirrors should be the same. The driver side probably has the hole in it for the cable.
I personally have never run across manual driver side sport mirrors..timo22

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
There were no non-remote left sport mirrors. Which makes no sense from practicality standpoint. Should have been right remotes, left manual

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MadBrax

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2018
I know this thread is a little old but I'm actually looking for the "basic mirrors" like the OP has. I really just need a right side mirror for my wagon. did any actually come with these installed or are all the right side mirrors being scavenged from something else? I'm not looking to upgrade to the bullet type but I will if necessary. Just got my wagon recently and it drives me crazy not having a mirror on the right side, mostly when I'm parking because I habitually back in 90% of the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor